Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

'It was my biggest mistake but I'm forgiven': Chris Brown says he "worked hard" and now Rihanna loves him again


In a searingly honest interview with the Mirror, he apologised for his actions in 2009 when he physically attacked Rihanna, leaving her shocked and bruised
Back together: All smiles at the recent Grammy Awards
Getty
Rihanna’s boyfriend Chris Brown has described his vicious assault on the singer as the “greatest regret” of his life.
Speaking for the first time about their recent reconciliation, the US R&B star shrugged off the public backlash against him and pledged never to hurt the Bajan beauty again.
In a searingly honest interview with the Mirror, he apologised for his actions in 2009, when he physically attacked Rihanna, leaving her shocked and bruised.
And Brown admitted that winning her love back had taken many months of tough “serious making up”.
He said: “Sometimes you row, you fight, with the one you love and things get said, stuff spirals.
“That night was the deepest regret of my life, the biggest mistake.
"But she loves me – what can I say? I’m forgiven… but, yes, I worked hard for it.”

Singers Rihanna and Chris Brown perform on stage during Z100's Jingle Ball at Madison Square Garden
Old days: Couple on stage before the assault
Getty
Talking at Elton John’s Aids Foundation Oscars fund raising party in West Hollywood, the double platinum-selling star said he had “grown up” and learned how to deal with fame.
He also dismissed a bad taste joke by host Seth Macfarlane during the Academy Awards ceremony – in which Macfarlane compared the “unspeakably violent” movie Django Unchained to “date night for Rihanna and Chris Brown”.
Brown, 23, said: “People attack me and criticise me, it happens all the time.
"But they don’t know me, and they don’t know us. It doesn’t bother me any more.
“Other people can judge us but they don’t know anything."
Battered: Rihanna's injuries after the attack
AP
Chris Brown sits during a preliminary hearing at a Criminal Court in Los Angeles June 22, 2009
Court action: Brown was given probation and community service
Reuters
He added: “I’ve learned a lot since that night and I’ve grown up. I was very young and I took a lot of stuff, fame, for granted.
“I didn’t understand it. The support from those who do know me and the fans, who are incredible, got me through.”
The Don’t Wake Me Up singer was sentenced to five years’ probation and six months’ community service after admitting assault in 2009.
Following the incident, Brown was quickly made an outcast by the world of showbiz – it appeared his career may have ended at the age of just 19.
He was barred from award ceremonies and celebrity parties and in 2010 the British leg of his European tour was scrapped after he was denied a visa to the UK for “being guilty of a serious criminal offence”.
Singer Chris Brown (L) and Daily Mirror reporter, Clemmie Moodie, attend the 21st Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party
Honest: Brown and our Clemmie
Getty
But after staying in touch throughout their enforced separation, the couple recently went public with their rekindled relationship.
Explaining her decision to go back to the controversial performer , Rihanna, 25, said recently: “It’s different now. We don’t have those types of arguments any more.
She added: “He’s not the monster everyone thinks. He’s a good person.
"He’s giving and loving. He’s fun to be around and he has a fantastic heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment