Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

My Cinderella life: Russia’s Angelina Jolie goes from rags to riches after winning beauty pageant (and a $1MILLION crown)

Nicknamed the ‘Angelina Jolie of Russia’, the student says her victory was like a Cinderella fairy tale come true.

Elmira (l) is compared to Angelina Jolie (pictured in hit film Gia) and competed in the Miss Russia 2013 Pageant
Elmira (l) is compared to Angelina Jolie (pictured in hit film Gia) and competed in the Miss Russia 2013 Pageant
She has been studying crisis management which seemed useful for a victory she never expected.
A student of the Siberian Railway University in Novosibirsk, Elmira has won the right to represent her country at the ‘Miss Universe’ and ‘Miss World’ beauty pageants.
She also receives a $100,000 prize, a car, and wears a crown said to be valued at more than $1 million.
‘I don’t have enough words to tell you what ‘s going on in my heart,’ said Elmira, 18, after her victory in Moscow.
The new Miss Russia is from the coal mining city of Mezhdurechensk in Kemerovo region.
From a family of teachers, newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda said that a key to her victory was her success during an ‘intellectual contest’ the 15 finalists undertook at the  Barvikha Luxury Village Concert Hall outside Moscow.

She has been studying at the Faculty of World Economy and Crisis Management
She has been studying at the Faculty of World Economy and Crisis Management
‘It was an absolute improvisation!’ Elmira said. ‘I am a very sociable and communicative person, it is easy for me to speak in public. When I was a child, I was interested in journalism and took interviews for the children’s show on our the local television.’
She has been studying at the Faculty of World Economy and Crisis Management in Novosibirsk and was doing a little modelling for shopping catalogues – before her victory on 2 March changed everything.
Asked if she will now give this up, she replied: ‘I am so lost with understanding what is going on in my soul, and I can’t say what will be tomorrow’.
She was happy to be a finalist but had no inkling she would win, Siberian beauty said.
‘I really did not expect it! You never believe in Cinderella-style fairy tales. And when I was on my way to this contest, somehow I did not even have such thoughts! I was crazily excited when I got among the 15 finalists’.
'You never believe in Cinderella-style fairy tales... Somehow I did not even have such thoughts (of winning)!'
‘You never believe in Cinderella-style fairy tales… Somehow I did not even have such thoughts (of winning)!’
‘Now I am standing here and I can’t imagine how I look on the screen! I am just shocked!’
Told her crown cost more than $1 million, she was almost speechless. ‘Really? I just can’t imagine it.’
Elmira was the eldest of two children raised on her own by art teacher Olga.
Siberian Times

No comments:

Post a Comment