Pages

Thursday 28 March 2013

Photo: Criminal lawyer Leads Double Life As Pop Star And Regularly Performs To Thousands


A woman who is a criminal lawyer by day is leading a secret double life as a pop star by night may sound like the premise for a TV show.
But Bowie Jane is the real deal, working full time as a straight-laced barrister during the day, but unbeknown to her colleagues and clients, she moonlights as a pop siren by night - often performing in front of thousands.
The 27-year-old regularly rushed from the quiet court room to the stage, where she swaps her wig, robe and briefcase for Lycra suits and black nail polish.


Bowie Jane is a criminal lawyer by day and - unbeknown to her colleagues and clients - a pop star by night
Bowie Jane is a criminal lawyer by day and - unbeknown to her colleagues and clients - a pop star by night
Disrobed: Bowie Jane is a criminal lawyer by day and - unbeknown to her colleagues and clients - a pop star by night. She even sometimes wears her stage outfits under her legal robes if she has to dash to a performance

Sometimes the singer even wears her costume underneath her legal robes to save time getting changed for evening gigs.
'I’m living two lives at once, by day one person and by night another, and sometimes it can get rather confusing,' she said.
'Music has always been my passion but my parents wanted me to get a degree and a proper job.
For the last four years I have been juggling the two, working as a lawyer during the day and performing five or six nights a week.
Appealing: She said: 'I'm living two lives at once, by day one person and by night another, and sometimes it can get rather confusing'
Appealing: She said: 'I'm living two lives at once, by day one person and by night another, and sometimes it can get rather confusing'
Appealing: She said: 'I'm living two lives at once, by day one person and by night another, and sometimes it can get rather confusing'

'It’s strange as the judges and my clients and colleagues have no idea that I sing.'
Bowie Jane, who has just released her first single Luv Bomb, has a double degree in Bachelor of commerce and Bachelor of laws.
She is qualified as a criminal lawyer in Australia and so is not able to work in Britain, although she does visit clients over here.
Bowie Jane has performed at the Australian Open and has just released her first single 'Luv Bomb'
Bowie Jane has performed at the Australian Open and has just released her first single 'Luv Bomb'
She has tackled criminal cases for the last four years, but uses a stage name to cover her true identity and is keen to keep her pop career a secret from the legal world.
'I keep my pop music very separate and only a few very close friends know how I spend my evenings,' she said.
'Law is a male-dominated industry and very conservative and I’m worried that people wouldn’t take me seriously if they found out. It shouldn’t matter, but it does.
'I look and dress very differently at work compared to when I go on stage, which also helps.'
Bowie Jane, who is from Melbourne, Australia, but spends half the year living and working near Marlow, Buckinghamshire, said the clash of roles had caused some problems.
Once she had to be on the main stage at the Australian Open tennis tournament but was still in the middle of her working day and had to ask to be excused to go to a meeting.
'I literally hopped on a train, ran down there and changed into my clothes, then got onto the stage,' she said.
She also finds it hard work when she has long trials and has to squeeze in song writing and gigs.
'Doing a trial wipes you out and I was keeping my fingers crossed that my cases would all finish in time for me to tour and promote my single,' she said.
Bowie Jane, who gets more than 10,000 MySpace hits a month, writes her own tracks and describes her music as 'very pop, in that it’s catchy.' She is currently promoting her new single and touring.
The 27-year-old often has to dash from the court room to the stage and writes her tunes at night
The 27-year-old often has to dash from the court room to the stage and writes her tunes at night

1 comment:

  1. This is surely a very good blog, thanks a lot for sharing such nice information here.http://www.legalgorilla.com

    ReplyDelete