Pages

Thursday 6 June 2013

Nigerian Teenager Who Killed Father Remanded In Prison

Olanrewaju


Via - Punch Newspaper 
The police in Lagos have arraigned a teenager, Olanrewaju Aremu, at a Yaba Magistrate’s Court for allegedly stabbing his father to death.
PUNCH Metro had reported that Olanrewaju allegedly killed his father, Victor Aremu, in Langbasa, Ajah area of the state.
The charge sheet read in part, “That you, Olanrewaju Aremu, on May 1, 2013, at about 11:30pm at Oke Nla, Langbasa, Ajah, Lagos, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did unlawfully kill one Kayode Victor Aremu, aged 46 years, by stabbing him with a kitchen knife and thereby committed an offence, punishable under Section 221 of the Criminal law of Lagos State.”
The Magistrate, Mr. Olatunji, ordered that the accused be remanded in Ikoyi Prison pending advice from the Director of Public Prosecution.
The matter was adjourned till July 1, 2013.
Although the suspect had claimed to be 18 years, the charge sheet stated that he was actually 20 years.

Olanrewaju had told PUNCH Metro that he killed his father because the deceased never loved him and had maltreated him on several occasions.
He had said, “My father used to maltreat me and my mother was aware of this. Sometimes he would not give me food or money. He sent me to University of Ilorin but I did not get the course I wanted. I was admitted to study Geology but I wanted to study Biochemistry.
“My father forced me to go to the school and after I failed, the school asked me to leave. I started working with my father afterwards and I used to follow him to work. He did not want to send me to school anymore.
“On that day that I killed my father, I was ill and I told my parents but they ignored me. I do not really know what came over me. I took a knife and followed my father upstairs and stabbed him many times. He ran downstairs and I chased him downstairs and stabbed him once more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment