Pages

Monday 2 September 2013

If Not For God, I Might Have Ended Up Prostituting – Mercy Johnson


Popular Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson Okojie was a year older yesterday, August 28. To mark the day, the actress shared the message below:
Today, I thought of many things I would love to have as birthday gifts and the many dreams I am still pursuing.
In all of this I’m not losing sight of the fact that if not for God I might have ended up on the street like the many kids and young adults begging for food and some prostituting to make ends meet. If we know the circumstances that force some of these people on the street, we would spare a thought for them.

I am where I am today purely by the grace of God and the grace of people who believed in me from the word go.
Recently, I was at the Boys Reform Home, Oregun, Lagos, the discussion I had with the principal Mr. Kotun and much later with the Special Adviser in charge of all remand homes in Lagos set me thinking about the boys and girls on the street. They have dreams too. Can they fulfill those dreams on the street? The answer will likely be no; because I won’t be where I am today if I ended up on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment