Pages

Thursday 13 March 2014

I threw back the duvet and saw this snake sitting on my chest.. I started to scream and it bit me on the breast

CAROLINE Griffin from Fife says she thought she was going to die after waking to find the 4ft reptile beneath her duvet. Her neighbour's pet 'Hiss' had made its way into her bedroom after escaping six months agobedroom after escaping six months ago



A MUM has described her terror after she was bitten by a snake which had snuggled up on her chest as she slept.
Caroline Griffin woke up to find the 4ft reptile beneath her duvet.
When she screamed, the brown and cream creature sank its fangs into her breast – leaving bruising and angry puncture marks.
Caroline, 49, feared she might be seriously injured – or even that she might die – because she didn’t know if the snake was poisonous.
But she was put at ease when a neighbour from five doors away arrived to claim the reptile – which had escaped SIX MONTHS earlier.
Mum-of-four Caroline said: “The snake was lying on top of me when I opened my eyes in the morning.
“I was about to get up to get the kids ready to go to school when I threw the duvet back and saw it sitting on my chest.
“I thought the kids were playing some sort of trick on me, at first. Then I saw it move and I got the fright of my life.
“As soon as I started to scream, it bit me on the breast. It was quite sore.
“I thought I was going to die.”
The nonpoisonous Brown Belly California kingsnake called Hiss belongs to Gareth Niven, 21, who lives on Caroline’s street in Guardbridge, Fife.

No comments:

Post a Comment