Pages

Sunday 15 June 2014

DR. DOLAPO FASAWE'S GLOWING TRIBUTE TO LATE HUSBAND

The deputy Governor of Ekiti state, Professor Mrs Modupe Adelabu recently lost her son-in-law, Dr Oluwaseun Fasawe (pictured right). Late Dr Fasawe, a medical consultant & Chief Medical Director of Silver River Healthcare was married to the 1st daughter of the deputy governor, Dr Dolapo Fasawe … (pictured left).
Capture
No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship
of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth.
Robert Southey

May the road rise up to meet you,
may the wind be ever at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and the rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.
I need Thy presence every passing hour;
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's power?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.
I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness;
Where is death's sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.
Seun, my husband, my dear husband, I'm not sure I can really express just how much I miss you and how much I wish you were here. It is so hard to explain just how much you mean to me, but I so want to try.
From the beginning it was your sense of humour, your big smile and the way your presence in any room could not be ignored. You were at your best when holding court, with all attention on you. You had the sweetest gists and your aura, oh that your aura…
When we first met 13 years ago, I remembered being overwhelmed by a desire to become a part of your world. You were so full of life, exciting, fun and interesting and you remained so until the day you left us.


I have always felt so lucky that you chose me to share in your life experiences and I am so grateful for some exceptionally special memories and times. While I cannot believe that you are gone - I am in shock and hurting so very much - I am comforted and consoled by the rich memories that we formed over our years together and by our 2 wonderful sons.
Oluwakayode Joshua and Ayomideji Daniel are the best and most precious gifts you have given me. I promise you that I will love them and cherish them, and bring them up in the way of the Lord.
Seun, you will never ever be forgotten and we will miss you so very much. You, above all people, knew how hard I found it to say goodbye to others we have lost along the way, so I know you will understand if I don't say it to you. What I will say instead is 'see you when the Lord says’
I pray for mercy that you are in heaven, I know you are looking down at me with a big smile on your face saying, “Forge ahead – make the best of life and I will see you soon. Dolapo, we have work to do up here, too.”
My heart is heavy, I am so sad. I am at a loss; words fail me as the words in my heart are too heavy to bear out in a tribute. My tribute to you is for a lifetime. Seun, I hope you still know, I pray it still shows and I know you still hear what my heart wants to say.
Till we meet again in the bosom of Christ where I believe you are, Goodnight my darling husband.
Oko mi atata, sun re o.
Dolapo


Late Dr Fasawe is survived by his wife and two sons. He was be buried on June 12 2014

According to family sources, the late Dr Fasawe left for London on Monday May 19th for what was called corrective surgery scheduled for June 2nd. He reportedly started having difficulty in breathing on Thursday May 29th while in London and called a friend to notify him. The friend immediately called for an ambulance but sadly, while on their way to the hospital, he died. May his soul rest in peace. 


FASHOLA, IDRIS, RMD, HMO, OTHERS PAY TRIBUTES TO DR. SEUN FASAWE


Our deepest condolences are with the Fasawe family at this trying moment. We, especially, sympathise with our colleague, Dr. Dolapo Fasawe, who has given so much of herself in the service of our people. We know this hurts, but be assured that you are not alone. All the week, the sick and the infirm, who you have helped to care for are with you in thought and prayers. We pray that Seun's gentle soul will rest in peace, and that for you the children and the entire family, ALL WILL BE WELL
Babatunde Fashola, SAN


They say life is short and has no guarantee. But you lived a good life with fond memories by the loved ones you left behind. There is no doubt the good Lord is with you. Rest in perfect peace. 
Dr. Olajide Idris
Commissioner for Health
Lagos State Government


Rest in perfect peace and in the bosom of the Almighty God, amen. 
Hakeem Muri-Okunola


May your soul rest in perfect peace.
Mr & Mrs Abiodun Kola-Daisi

SEUN, rest in peace, and may God bless those you left behind. See you in the other side someday. 
Chiedu Ebie

Rest in peace our dearest brother. 
Richard and Jumobi Mofe-Damijo


Dear Daddy Kayode
Thank you for taking care of me
And my brothers
And how you looked after
All others
I am sorry you died
I also cried
I will miss you
Because I love you.
From Chinara Nwankwo


Dear Uncle Seun,
We are short of words. We will really miss you as you were more than our uncle, you were our daddy and our hero! We adore you and always look forward to seeing you and being around you. We know you are in heaven but we are sad that you are not here with us.
We love you very very much
Ife, EniolaDetolaFoluso and Tade Oyinlola


Dear Daddy,
We love you and we miss you. I know that you died and you are in heaven with Jesus. Dara does not understand as she thinks you are in Omole. We will have to explain to her why you are no longer here to carry her all the time.
We will both miss you and your very big voice …
From Ademidayo and Ademidara Aderugbo


Dear Daddy,
Gone so soon, we will miss you a lot
I wish you were with us
We never thought you could be gone so early
We will never forget you.
You will always be a memory in our head.
Bye Bye Daddy
From: Eniola Bakare

My dearest beloved brother SEUN your passing away is a big loss to the entire Family.
I believe you are now in a better place  with your creator....resting in the blossom of the Lord.
Praise God! You were such a loving and caring brother full of life.
I will dearly miss you.Your thoughts will forever remain in my heart.Gonebut never forgotten.
I remember when we were growing up....your jokes and mischievous acts.Icannot forget the
"shakey shakey alaojoke..In our last BB  chat on Wednesday you still mentioned it.
As you will always address me with my nickname "buskeke" , bussy baby!.
Ahh. ..words can never express how I feel about your passing on. AIl I can say is "God knows best".
I love you but God loves you more.  Children of GOD only sleep in the LORD and they never die.
YOU are in a better place now Oluwaseun aburo mi atata!!!
Adieu my dearest brother ....Good bye.Till we meet again.

Your beloved sister
Olubusola Adeduntan



My dear Oluwaseun, you will be cherished forever in our hearts. You were so full of life and filled with an irrepressible positive feeling around you. Although, you can't stop the banter about my beloved Arsenal team . I wish you were around now just to tell you how good it feels seeing your beloved team (Mandivided) dropped out of the top 4.
Oluwaseun, my dear brother-in-law. You're going to be missed. Hmm, sun re o!!
From

Shola Adeduntan



GOOD NIGHT SEUN!
Oh Dear Lord! Seun it still seems you will walk through the door any minute from now, and then I will realize it was all a bad dream. I can't help remembering fond thoughts about you; dates back to when we were kids, yes we had fun way back then. Taking care of those puppies, we would overfeed them and then press their tummies (giggles), running around and getting drenched with the water sprinkler. Oh and 'Ezere'!!.....what good times we had.
Seun, you were an embodiment of strength, goodwill and guts. I greatly admired that about you. Yes, those traits made you a distinct, special breed. Our conversations most of the time, started with “Iwo o o le pe yan ni?” How I thought I will say that over and over again!! How the cold arms of death have deprived me from hearing that sweet voice of yours brother. You were a great brother, a wonderful uncle and an inspiration to many.
I miss you. I really do! I am lost for words; there are too many fond memories. I write with a heavy heart but I gain comfort in this, that you are resting safe in the arms of our Saviour. Someday, we will meet again to part no more.
Good night dear brother!! Good night.
Dr. Temitope Oyinlola (nee Fasawe)


BIG FASH
Where do I begin? Alas I am lost for words. You were a good man, a good husband, father, brother, uncle, benefactor and friend to all. Every morning I woke up to a devotional message from you without fail. Each day since you passed, waking up without receiving that message is a startling reality that you are gone. You were always fun to be with, never a dull moment in your presence. Your magnanimity was legendary, your humour infectious and your warmth without compare. Your nieces and nephews can't grapple with the fact they won't see you again, they always loved having you around. Rest well my dear brother in His bosom till we meet to part no more. Adieu.
Colonel Folusho Oyinlola


TRIBUTE TO MY BIGGEST BRO- “BIG FASH
Looking back, I have nothing but fond memories of you; when I was about 5 years and had some difficulty with reading, you were there for me. You bought me an Enid Blyton book, and we both sat down there trying to get me to read this book 'by force'. I believe your persistence was what made me eventually pick up reading. I remember how you would shout at me for the slightest thing; how you would come to pick us from school; I also remember you at my wedding and how the whole event played out. I just realize that there are so many memories that will always linger on in my mind because looking back, I know and now fully realize that no matter how you behaved or treated me, you loved me all the same and I will always be grateful to God for making me your sister and being a part of your eventful life.
Not having you around anymore seems like a dream I am yet to wake up from. I miss you bro, more and more every minute and I pray and wish you a peaceful rest in the bosom of our Most High God till we meet again.
Sun re o! Omo Oba Dr Seun Fasawe. I love you but I know God loves you more.

Kemi Fasawe-Arogundade


GOODBYE BROTHER SEUN
Death is never easy to swallow. It's a harder pill to swallow when it's your big brother.
I will really miss you and the times we shared together. I remember when you assisted me on my essay
assignment when I was in JSS 2. You taught me a clever way of putting sentences together - a tip
that I still use today and that has gotten me through college. Thank you very much big brother.
Sleep well my big brother.
Oladipupo Fasawe



JAH SEUN
Sigh!! My biggest brother, Dr. Oluseun Fasawe "Jah Seun!!" I cannot explain how much I would miss you Biggest brother. You, always asking how my program is going and we, analysing Manchester United, Arsenal FC, EPL, everything, your early morning broadcast that wakes me up every day. Words can't say it all; you would be missed by everybody.
Gboyega Fasawe



GOODBYE BRO… TILL WE MEET AGAIN
Brother Seun, I can't believe that you are gone because in my heart i believe you will be back. We were never the closest of siblings but I always loved, admired and wanted you to be proud of me. I remember how you always scolded me when I went wrong but always found it in your heart to forgive me and draw me close. You were a father to all your siblings, ensuring we were properly taken care of, not lacking any of life's essentials. I cannot express how much you made me desire to be a better person but you will always be in my heart not as a brother alone, but a father and mentor. Wherever you are brother, I will always love and miss you.                                                            
Rest well brother till we meet again.......
Damilola Fasawe.



WILL MISS YOU DEAR BROTHER
I wish I made the effort to see you when you were in London, two weeks ago. I had my school work to do but now I know that time spent with a loved one is more important because life is a precious gift and should be lived with the people we love. I am going to miss you! Sleep well brother!  I love you! Bro Seun was very supportive of me and always pushed me to bring out the best in me. He set the bar very high so I can follow. Sun re o!
Folarera Fasawe


MY BIGGEST BROTHER
I never knew this day was going to come so soon that I will lose you to the cold hands of death… hmm.. I remember vividly everything you taught me while growing up. After we lost our father you were always there for us as a big brother was supposed to. We laughed, fought, ate and watched football together. You showed me how to live a good life.....But now you're gone too soon ...I'm in so much pain just writing and it's straight for my heart! I pray your two beautiful boys Kayode and Ayomideji Fasawe will grow and surpass the height you attained ! You'll never be forgotten Dr OluseunFasawe my biggest brother....I love you so much and will never forget you
.
Olaolu Fasawe




My brother from another mother, my cuz…….what can I say! There’s an awful lot to say about 33 years of friendship and brotherhood.
I managed to get hold of a few pictures from the last decade and a half and I noticed that you either had my back or I had yours! This was how we lived, that was how we rolled brother!

Deep inside me, I’m still hoping this is one of your gags, an epic one!........Uncle Doctor Chair!
The twins keep asking me where is Uncle Doctor Chair?? I have no idea what to tell them! I haven’t used expletives
in the last 10 years as much as I have in the last 1 week……...don’t know what to say but belt out more expletives!!
I look forward to that day when we shall meet again in the palace of my King! Sun re ore mI!

Olakunle Adegbite


MISS ALL THE GOOD TIMES WE SPENT TOGETHER AS FAMILY
I am still shocked to know that I can't and won't see you again. You have been like a father to me, even after I lost
both parents you made your house my home. And when any of my youthful exuberance played out, you always curbed me showing me the best way to come out in life and reminded me of a life I should live even if dad was no more.

You showed me what it was like to be a man and to always stand my ground in situations I would have acted timid. I learnt a whole lot from you, I missanalysing sports and politics with you. Miss all the good times we spent together as family. You always tried to create togetherness and taught me the essence of family. I miss you my darling brother, you are an epitome of what a brother should be. When I found it difficult pursuing a bachelor's degree you made it your responsibility at a time Daddy was ill and today I can boast I have a degree because of your support. You never made
me feel what it's like not to have parents and still feel like you have one.

Brother Seun you would forever be in my heart, I can't forget you and I would always love you.
I miss you so much and pray God grants you good rest in his bosom.

Oluwadamilare Fasawe


Adieu SeunHmmmm Seun, no more early morning devotion
You left us too soon, I will miss you greatly
Aburo mi, that is what you fondly called me,
Even though I am 2 months older than you
Brother (my husband) will miss you as well
Rest in the bosom Zour Lord Jesus Christ
Till we meet to part no more
Folake Oroge



TRIBUTE TO MY VERY OWN DR SEUN FASH
Gone? But to where? I can't call you on phone or see you anymore. No matter how much I scream you wouldn't respond. It was just like a shock to me when I heard the news of the death of my best cousin!
It was a rude shock because we still spoke the previous day and you told me you had gist to tell me the following day.
I didn't know that was going to be the last time I would hear your voice. My eyes filled with tears as I heard the news that my aburo is gone. I found myself wishing it wasn't real.
Every time I think about it, pain is all I feel. Tears fall from my eyes, I can barely see. Seun Fasawe is the closest to me in the family. I can't imagine what your wife, Dolapo, is going through if I am feeling this way. But I am glad you feel no pain now, you live in a perfect land. I love you so much and would miss you forever until the day we are together again. Together in that perfect place above, filled with caring, sharing and love. No one to call meBenjo like you do again, and 'Jayee' is no more, my only Dr FASH. Until that perfect day comes when there would be no more weeping for we have a hope of seeing each other again because we are in Christ, I will wipe my tears and draw my strength from Gods word.
Odigba o Ore mi tooto!  Sun re o Omo Oba,Ajanaku Abiru Bambam

Benjamin Ojo-Akosile (Benjo)



Seun, I still haven't come to reality that you are gone, it's like a dream. I am blessed to grow up with you and proud to call you brother. As a child p, I looked up to you, I guess subconsciously I still did as an adult cos how else can you explain me seeking out Dolapo's sister to marry!!! You never let me hear the end of it... Seun, I hope you had more joy and happiness around us as you gave to us. I can count the number of times I have cried in my life... but today, I cry for you. Farewell my friend and my brother.



Everyone should have a brother like Seun because individuals such as this come your way once in a lifetime. Not only were you a kind, steadfast friend you were also a true gentleman. I will forever cherish the wonderful memories from our college days and beyond where we met in my first week at the University of Jos. Send me a signal every now and again to remind us all you are happy where you are. Silly me, l still waiting for your daily devotional to pop up on my blackberry. Love and miss you Seun.

Yanju Desalu.



Hhhhmmm.....SHEWE PUMPING!
We did not see this coming...this was not the plan..we were all meant to grow old together...party at our children's weddings...now i understand life is fickle and it can be any of us tommorow.... there's no guarantee in life....now
realise we are mortals...but what can we say?what can we do?only God can answer this question....you were a wonderful friend and brother filled with positive energy...you were a wonderful father a loving and caring husband...you put your
family first in everything...may God grant your famile the strenght to deal with this your shocking demise...you will be sorely missed...Sleep well my brother Omoba Dr Oluwaseun Fasawe...Erin wo!!Eja nla ba omi lo o!!a sadsad sad period for us Seun....

Tunde Ajibulu


THE DOC
It still doesn't make sense and nothing can help right now to ease the pain but I believe that God knows best. I'm glad our paths crossed and I'm happy that I was able to share those last few days with you. every word of advise you gave me really sunk in and I want to thank you. You were more than a friend to me (not even sure if a brother totally describes what you were) and the memories I have of you will last Forever.
Thanks Doc and I believe you are in a better place although I would have loved to have spent longer with you in life. Thanks for you being you big bro and continue to rest in peace in the bosom of the lord.

Lawrence Ogbeide


The old saying that the good die young is certainly apt to describe the passing of my friend Seun , the great Fash. From our days in Zaria to Jos, rock road in kaduna to Lagos, I knew Seun as one who paid attention to people and their needs. This probably explains his decision to be both a doctor and politician. Great man down but your great spirit, great stories and great memories left behind to support us all. I shall remain grateful for your friendship. It has been a great pleasure. Rest in peace my brother.

Yakubu Belgore.


Bfash! (Like we called you back in UniMaid.) It's still like a dream... Unreal, surreal and painful we lost you. You were gone before we knew it. No time to say goodbye. A precious one gone, your voice stilled.. Your daily bible devotional you were so committed to sending daily via BBM stopped too..Who are we to question HIS will.. Your music may have stopped but it lingers in sweet refrain .. You live on in our hearts .. May the balm of Gilead. Soothe your dearest wife, sons and loved ones of this pain... Your soul is safe in heaven.. Adieu my friend and bro ... Sleep on @ HIS feet.

TitilayomiOluwa Olufosoye



TRIBUTE TO DR OLUWASEUN FASAWE
Fash as we all affectionately called him was many things to many people, he started out as my landlord in A block Naraguta and went on to become a good friend and without question a brother. Smart, funny, witty and even pleasantly mischievous I always knew Seun was special but I only now realize how indeed special he was. The best thing about Seun was watching him laugh at times so hard tears stream down his eyes, sun re ore atata. We love you but without doubt He loves you most. Shalom Leku

Pastor Tayo Mesaiyete (FSURE)

No comments:

Post a Comment