Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Sanusi Lamido's First Wife Tells Their Love Story


New Emir of Kano and former CBN governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has two wives.
He got married to his first wife, Hajia Sadiya - the 7th daughter and 16th child of late Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero - 25 years ago. 
 In a recent interview with one Hausa magazine, Aminiya, she talked about their love story:
"I knew I was going to be betrothed but I didn't know when since I wasn't being asked when. I met my husband through my own family - he is like my brother. He grew up in the Emir palace and I thought he was my elder brother because he was always with my older brothers. I grew up seeing him in our house so I was surprised when he started to show interest in me. I later discovered we were not related and married him.

"I thank the Almighty Allah for the great gift of children. When I married him, I didn't have a child immediately till about three years later. When we had our first son, we were filled with joy. As for marriage, staying married has to do with patience and obedience - these two have helped my marriage. Your husband should always be the head of the family no matter your status "
"My joy was when my husband was turbanned because we looked forward to it but it came when we least expected it. I was so full of joy that day."

No comments:

Post a Comment