Pages

Thursday 10 July 2014

Jason Njoku’s Inspiring Article on "Never Giving Up"


If at first you don’t succeed, dust yourself and try again.

The road to the top is never an easy one and Jason Njoku, the founder of iROKO Partners – the parent company of iROKO TV shares his story to inspire all entrepreneurs.Read more after the cut...


My wife persuaded forced me to do a little spring cleaning this weekend. As I was going through my things rubbish, I came across this old account statement for an iROKO Partners Ltd bank account in London. If you look at the date its 13 July 2010. The statement is for June 2010. That’s right. £60.25 paid in. £60.00 (my feeding money) paid out. And an ending balance of £0.25. That’s right folks. I literally had £0.25 in my account thats $0.42 or N63.

Needless to say life has improved somewhat, but as I go about trying to frame this statement, it definitely reminds me of how far in such a short time one’s life can improve. It doesn’t have to be as dramatic, but improve life can. It also should serve to demonstrate to anyone, anywhere right now toiling away in obscurity on a little project or something no one gives a flying f*** about that as long as you believe in yourself and your project then success (whatever that may mean to you) is or may be just around the corner. All you have to do is find the inner strength to stay in the game.

At this point I had toiled for 6 long years. Fast forward another 4 years and everything has changed. But then I didn’t know that. It was only pain.

Founders. Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever give up. On yourself. You may migrate from project to project and you will never know which one is ‘the one’. But one day, someday. Your stars will align.

You can read more of Jason's article via his website – www.jason.com.ng

2 comments: