Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

Former Oyo State Governor Rashidi Ladoja Buries Mum In Yemetu Ibadan Today

Rashidi Ladoja
The mother of former Oyo State governor Rashidi Ladoja, Alimotu Sadia, was buried on Thursday according to Muslim rights amidst eulogies at the family house in Yemetu area of Ibadan, with the Accord Party leader describing her as his last general.”
Ladoja’s mother died on Wednesday night at the former governor’s house in Bodija area of Ibadan.
While praying for the deceased, Chief Imam of Ibadanland, Sheik Aruna, said having lived a good life for 94 years and survived by successful children, her life should be celebrated.
“When you look at someone like Ladoja being her son and others as well, you can only celebrate her passage. She lived a good life worthy of emulation. In everything we do, we must remember that we will one day return to God,” he said.

Describing his mother as his last general and only confidant, Ladoja said his late mother was always right in her decision.
He said, “I prefer to eat what she cooked for me until her death. She was my confidant. Now, I don’t have anyone to give me orders but advice. She was my last general, the one that gave me the last order I got. She was always right in her decision. She was a simple woman whose life revolved around the family, particularly around me as the first child. She actually loved all her children. We were her treasure. Now I cannot go home and tell her to cook for me.”
Ladoja said his mother opposed his choice of politics as a career even though he got support from his father.
“My father actually supported it. But I explained what I wanted to do to my mother after she first objected and she became supportive of my ambition. I will miss her prayers most. We have missed a great woman in the family and honestly I don’t know how to fill the vacuum she has left behind,” he said.
In the message of condolence, the state governor Abiola Ajimobi said the death of Ladoja’s mother, and the matriarch of the Ladoja family at the age of 94 was unfortunate.
“Even though our dear Mama, Alhaja Halimotu Ladoja, died at the ripe age of 94, nevertheless, we are still saddened with her demise. She was a not only a devout Muslim but also a quintessential mother, who was caring, loving and an epitome of motherhood.”
Among those who came to the ceremony are former deputy governor in the state, Taofeek Arapaja, Peoples Democratic Party leader in the state Yekinni Adeojo, Accord Party aspirant for House of Representatives, Deji Aboderin, senators Gbenga Babalola and Femi Lanlehin, representative of Olubadan of Ibadan land, High Chief Eddy Oyewole and PDP governorship aspirants, Teslim Folarin.

No comments:

Post a Comment