Pages

Saturday 14 February 2015

Hilarious 80-Year-old Lady Jokes Her Way Out Of Jail - Courtroom Breaks Into Laughter After Plucky 'Offender' Charms The Judge


Judge John Hurley has come face-to-face with murderers, rapists and drug dealers during his time in bond court.
But when plucky 80-year-old Dolores Sheinis walked in wearing a prison jumpsuit, he quickly realized it was going to one of his most entertaining hearings.
Her appearance at Broward County Court, Florida, quickly turned comical with the inmates sat behind her, attorneys and the judge breaking into hysterics.


She was taken into custody last Friday after resisting arrest for violating a protection order put in place by her husband more than 30 years ago. 
During the three-minute hearing she called the judge 'sweetheart', said she couldn't recognize his twang and asked if he could take her out for breakfast.
'Have you ever thought of doing a stand-up routine,' Judge Hurley asked her, to which she replied: 'If you pay me good money sweetheart I'll be there. I'm really short of funds.
Bizarrely she then said: 'I don't tip anybody. I make them banana bread and chocolate pudding pie.'
Still laughing, Judge Hurley then said: 'You've brightened my day m'am', to which she replied 'That's what the last guy said.'
Mrs Sheinis then said: 'That is what the last guy said.' 

Cracking up: The plucky elderly woman, facing charges for resisting arrest, called the judge a sweetheart, made fun of his twang and boasted about her cooking skills while in court 

He then asked the defendant: 'How am I doing as a judge today.' She replied 'Not bad but you could do better.'
After the hilarious back-and-forth, the judge told Sheinis to stay away from her husband.  
She told him: 'I haven't bothered him for 31 years, why would I bother him now? I swear to God and all that's holy on a stack of bibles, I will never go near him, talk to him, call him or even look at him.'
The judge asked her: 'What is it you said before "all that's holy"'. Sheinis said: 'I don't remember. I didn't recognize your twang.' 
Sheinis was the dismissed and as she left, the judge waved her goodbye.  

Finale: After the hilarious back-and-forth, Judge Hurley (left) told Sheinis (right) to stay away from her husband. She replied: ''I haven't bothered him for 31 years, why would I bother him now?'





No comments:

Post a Comment