Pages

Monday 11 May 2015

Akeem Shodeinde, Movida Night Club Boss Who Lived on One Kidney and said He Can't Stop Drinking or Smoking is Dead


Akeem Shodeinde, the owner of popular Lagos night club, Movida, is dead. He died May10th in Lagos, according to family sources he died in his sleep. He had a history of diabetes and kidney failure. He had lived on one kidney before his death.
Akeem had a running battle with kidney and diabetes and even went to India and united Kingdom at apoint for treatment. In an interview late last year, he said he had given his life to Christ but can't seem to be able to give up smoking and drinking despite his health issues of kidney failure and diabetes. May his soul RIP.

Excerpts from the interview below:
"Smoking is an addiction. I can't lie to God because if I lie, I am deceiving myself not anybody but I have been praying to God to stop which I believe I will soon stop. And the habit of drinking and smoking is the more reason I need to shut down the club because its really affecting my only one working kidney which is not good for my health at all" he said

Akeem said his time off the club scene will be used to attend bible school and get to know more about God. He also said he wants to be healthy for his only daughter
"I need to take a medical check-up and balance my health because I only have one daughter and I want her to see me on her wedding day" he said.
He said he would also use his time off the club scene to search for a wife
"I pray to God that the wedding luck should come before next year ending and anyone I find I will take my time and pray to God to give me the right person as a wife and if God says it will be my babymama also so shall it be in Jesus name" he said

No comments:

Post a Comment