Pages

Sunday 24 May 2015

Groom Dragged and Arrested On His Wedding Day For Armed Robbery

http://i1.wp.com/ynaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/The-victim-and-policemen.jpg?resize=320%2C245


Oyo State Police Command  arrested a suspected  member of a robbery gang on his wedding day.
Olumide Asiyanbi, 42, was arrested and dragged out of his holy matrimony by the Oyo state police command just before he was about to say ”i do”.
He told newsmen that nemesis caught up with him just as he was about to sign the dotted lines in the registry.


According to the police, Olumide is alleged to be a member of  a six-man-robbery gang who had  terrorised residents of Challenge area of Ibadan, the state capital.
The state Commissioner of Police, Muhammed Katsina, said the suspects included  a 62-year-old Ghanaian, Asiyanbi who confessed that he had been involved in 10 different robbery attacks before he was arrested.
He said, “I was arrested on my wedding day. I met the gang leader, James Agba, last year. He told me  he knew how we could be getting regular money. He then initiated me into the gang. I have taken part in at least 10 operations since I joined them.
“We  used gun but I don’t know where James was buying them. Sulaimon and Alhaji, who are also in the gang, knew how the guns were bought for our operations. I have fired shots at our targets but nobody was killed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment