Pages

Thursday 12 November 2015

Soldier Brother Breaks Down As Deployment Separates Him From Twin [Photo+Video]

Family and friends gathered together for a send-off ceremony for a group of Indiana soldiers who were heading overseas. Among the group was a set of twin brothers — both in the Army, yet one was leaving and the other was staying.

In the following video, the twins explain to the camera what it’s like to have to say goodbye. Their raw emotion reveals the incredible bond between these two hero brothers. One brother is too emotional to answer questions and can only hide his face behind his brother’s shoulder. “I’ve never been gone this long from my brother before… this is tough,” he says with tears in his eyes.


We’ve seen the unbreakable bond between twins before, so I can only imagine how difficult it is to see your twin off to war. One YouTube commenter says, “Unless you’re a twin, you can never understand the sadness of being separated, even for a little while, from each other. Those brothers’ story touched me deeply. I lost my identical twin to cancer in 2010 and I still miss her. We were never separated for more that two weeks (while one of us went on vacation). Even losing my parents four months apart wasn’t as devastating as losing my twin.”

No comments:

Post a Comment