Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Archbishop Desmond Tutu's Daughter Who is Also a Reverend Marries Lesbian Girlfriend (Photos)

Rev Mpho Tutu and her lesbian lover having a good time
The Rev. Mpho Tutu, daughter of Nobel laureate Desmond Tutu, the former Anglican archbishop of Capetown, married her longtime lesbian lover Marceline van Furth in a small private ceremony last Wednesday, Breitbart reports.

According to Breitbart news, Tutu, who was previously married to Joseph Burris and has two children, is herself an ordained Episcopal priest and also the executive director and founder of the Tutu Institute for Prayer and Pilgrimage.

Furth is a South African HIV/AIDS activist, who campaigns against poverty, racism, sexism, homophobia and transphobia. She teaches at the Vrije University in Amsterdam in the area of Pediatric Infectious Diseases.


Retired Archbishop Tutu has been an outspoken advocate of same-sex marriage and has called the oppression of gay people around the world the “new Apartheid.”


Rev Mpho Tutu and her lesbian lover having a good time

In 2013, Tutu famously said he would never worship a “homophobic God” and will rather go to hell. At the time, his daughter’s lesbianism was not publicly known.

“I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place,” Archbishop Tutu said at the launch of the Free and Equal campaign in Cape Town.

“I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this,” he said.

“I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about apartheid. For me, it is at the same level,” he added.

The couple is planning a larger public marriage ceremony for May.

No comments:

Post a Comment