Pages

Monday 11 January 2016

"You Can’t Be A Lesbian And Have A Baby"; UK Set To Deport Nigerian Asylum Seeker - Plans To Submit Her Lesbian S*x Tape To Prevent Deportation


                     Aderonke, pictured above with her lesbian partner, Happiness Agboro

The UK Home Office is set to deport a Nigerian Lesbian, Aderonke Apata seeking asylum in the UK. According to the UK Home Secretary, Theresa May through her barrister, Andrew Bird during a case to decide her stay in the UK, the government argued that she is not a lesbian because she has a daughter. According to the Mr Bird ‘one can’t be a heterosexual one day and a homosexual another’.


The Nigerian, Aderonke Apata who was ‘reported to police for living with her girlfriend in Nigeria, was imprisoned for being a lesbian’. According to the LBGT petitioners, ‘some of her family members and her ex-girlfriend were killed in recrimination’.

This they say caused her ‘to flee to the UK, where she has applied twice for asylum’. The LBGT group in the UK which has started a petition against her deportation, they claim that there is a ‘risk to her life if she returns’ to Nigeria. 

I was asked to bring my supporting documents for my judicial review for the court to look at. What evidence do we have to compile apart from letters from people? I knew we had a home video of ourselves, so I thought why not just put it in? I cannot afford to go back to my county where I will be tortured, so if I have to prove it with a s*xual video, then I have to do it. I feel so bad it’s got to this stage. It’s such a desperate and precarious situation to be in, very dangerous, because anything could happen to those pictures, those videos.”Aderonke told UK’s Independent newspaper


Aderonke says she fled Nigeria to the UK in 2004 after her then girlfriend was killed by homophobes in Nigeria…and fears she will also be killed if her asylum application is rejected.

No comments:

Post a Comment