Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Woman Drags Husband to Court For Duping Her THE SUM of N120M



According to Punchng, A 36 year old woman Helen Owie, has told an Asaba High Court that she fell victim to a marriage scam and was conned out of N120,000,000 by her ‘husband’.

The 36-year-old, who hails from Edo State said she was left heartbroken and lost over €550,000 after falling for her ‘husband’ Chidi Ike, whom she met through one Obinna in 2009 in Benin.

“I showed interest that I will marry Chidi after we had discussed and my photograph was sent to him.


“And three weeks later, Chidi and I met and we started planning marriage, in the process I got a visa to travel to Italy and in 2012, I returned to Nigeria for the marriage, after the marriage, he demanded for a loan of N3million, and I loaned to him €550,000 and also sponsored our marriage for N180,000.”

She spoke further: “At that time, i thought i had found true love with Chidi but i was in dreamland. Chidi’s comportment was not one in which to anticipate a shock of any kind, but the shock was awaiting me.

“He refused to make love with me, and later i discovered that he was married with children, and his family are living in Mbaise, Imo State while he moved to Asaba after our marriage.”

However, Chidi pleaded not guilty to the charges against him while the presiding Judge, Justice Daniel Maidu adjourned the case till March 21, 2016 for further hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment