Pages

Thursday 14 April 2016

I Was Drunk When I Raped My Step-Sister - Suspect


A 36-year-old man, who allegedly raped his 15- year-old step-sister has confessed to be drunk when he committed the act. The suspect, Ime Martin, who was paraded at the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja, yesterday, said boldly before newsmen, 
“I was drunk when I committed the act.”

 It was learned that the victim (names withheld) started living with the family at five years, and the suspect was said to have started defiling her last year. He was alleged to have raped her severally before he was arrested. The victim told reporters: 


“He slept with me twice, first when I was 14 years old last year and the second time was last Sunday, when my aunty and her son traveled. The first time, I reported to my aunty, when my aunty confronted him, he denied it. 

“He said I was careless and probably I had left the door open and an unknown person had come to rape me. He sounded so convincing and my aunty believed him. “The second time which was on Sunday, when he came into the room, he covered my mouth and raped me. I struggled with him, but he overpowered me. 

That night, I ran out of the house. The young man I ran to was our neighbour and I reported what had happened. He also almost raped me. So, I ran and I saw the police patrol van from Lion Building, who rescued me.”
 The suspect, Ime Martin, also told his story: I was drunk that night and did not know what I was doing when I raped my step- sister. I raped her only once.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment